Monday, October 7, 2024

Money-making was a matter of luck: Ray Dalio

The Straits Times correspondent Sumiko Tan had a short lunch interview with Ray Dalio, billionaire founder of Bridgewater Associates, which is currently the world's biggest hedge fund.  You can catch the video below:



Over the short six-minute conversation, Ray Dalio remained candid and humble.  In his own words, he described how making money as a hedge fund manager was really a matter of luck.

The money-making part was a matter of luck for me, because it turned out that the game I liked to play is the markets, and happens to be if you play that game well, then it's very rewarding.
Ray Dalio

While I am not a professional investor, and I don't aspire to be one, I feel fortunate to be able to invest in the public equity market too.  I am lucky to be able to build up my portfolios, which will help to cover my expenses when I retire from work someday.

Hope you find the interview interesting too.




Enjoyed this post? Never miss out new posts by subscribing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment