Friday, August 30, 2024

Officially Debt Free

Today marks a financial milestone for my family.  My wife and I paid off the remaining balance on our DBS home mortgage loan.

All S$313,265.01 of it with cold hard cash.

Sadly, no trumpets, no confetti.  We just witness the money get swiped out from our bank account.

Short of the credit card bill which we always clear every month, this means my wife and I are now officially DEBT FREE.
Image by studio4rt on Freepik
The joy of not owing money to anyone is indescribable.  That said, we still have to engage a lawyer to get the house deed back from DBS.  This costs an additional few thousand dollars.  Oh well.

Our next financial milestone is to retire from our jobs with a comfortable sum and recurring passive income.  We give ourselves ten more years as wage slaves before we call it a day.

Thanks for reading!




Enjoyed this post? Never miss out new posts by subscribing here.

2 comments: