Friday, March 1, 2019

Summary for February 2019

I love February.  No, it's not because of the CNY festivities.  (Why would a parent be happy when he has to give red packets instead of receive them?)  Rather, this is the month when I get my performance bonus.  My company doesn't pay 13th month annual bonus, so this is the sole incentive I can look forward to.  Thankfully, my boss is satisfied with my last year's performance, so I am rewarded with a 0.8 month compensation.  (Sadly, not even a full month, but this will have to do.)

Trade Actions

I didn't do any trade, because I was out of 'ammunition' for most of the month.  In March, I will fund my SRS account with my bonus.  That should provide me with some gunpowder to go hunting.  I am watching a few counters.  Hopefully, there will be an opportunity to pull the trigger.

Hyflux 6% Perpetual Capital Security
I have repaid my wife for her vested portion of the Hyflux 6% perpetual.  (She needn't have taken the risk with me.)  So now I effectively own $10,000 of a nearly worthless security.  Haha.  One painful episode in my investing journey.  Luckily, I didn't allocate a lot of money in this position.  It's time to move on.

Dividends

AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT
I received a letter from AACIREIT regarding their latest scrip option plan.  Pay date is 29 Mar 2019.  I like the flexibility where you can choose the proportion of your ownership to receive the cash dividend versus new units.  At the moment, I'm trying to get my position rounded to a nice whole lot number.  Alas, my number of units on hand is insufficient to do so.  So I opted to receive the full dividend in scrip.  Maybe next time.

Savings 

This month's yield on the Singapore Savings Bond (SSB) is rather low at 2.18% p.a.  I prefer to stay on the sideline for now.

Looking Ahead

Earnings season has come to an end.  Macro events are likely to take centre stage and influence the market.  Hopefully, any volatility will result in a favourable entry point to load up on stocks.




Enjoyed this post? Never miss out new posts by subscribing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment